A men’s specific rehab program allows men to grow, heal, and learn about addiction with people similar to them going through the same types of challenges. You may feel more comfortable and willing to open up when you choose a program like this. When you call rehabs now to inquire about this type of service, be sure to know what to ask about and what to expect from these programs.
What Should a Men’s Specific Rehab Program Offer?
The benefit of a men’s specific rehab program is to create a space where you feel comfortable and welcome. To do that, look for a program that offers essential features to create a space where you feel at home. That may include:
- Group therapy sessions are men-only to ensure you feel comfortable and not distracted during each program.
- You’ll have opportunities to share ideas and experiences in an open format while still providing a private setting for more personalized therapy.
- A modern program with numerous innovative therapy options to ensure you find the type of support right for your needs.
- A respectful, non-judgmental program where you feel at ease enough to open up and communicate about your past and future.
- Resources that matter to you, such as help with life skills, strategies for improving health, and stress management tools.
You should feel as though this program is your new home for a short amount of time. In that space, it’s essential to feel comfortable enough to open up, engage, and let out all of the past pain that’s holding you back.
The Type of Programs Right for Your Needs
The substance abuse treatment programs available today come in several styles to ensure each person gets the type of support right for them. After an assessment at the treatment center, you’ll gain more insight into the type of treatment recommended for your needs. However, when selecting a location for your care, make sure they offer enough flexibility and comprehensive programs, including:
- Residential treatment programs
- Intensive outpatient treatment programs
- Veteran specific treatment programs
- Men’s only treatment programs
- Adolescent only treatment programs
Seek Out a Men’s Specific Rehab Program with Numerous Therapy Options
At the heart of overcoming addiction is therapy. Many people need access to several types of therapy to start the healing and recovery process. As you compare locations, find out what type of therapy they offer. Some of the most common therapy types include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- EMDR therapy program
- Somatic experiencing therapy
- Motivational interviewing therapy
In situations where you’re unsure what type of therapy is best, leave the decision to the professionals. Most people benefit from a range of therapy options, which often requires trying out a few different forms during your treatment time.
Use a Men’s Specific Rehab Program to Manage Mental Health Needs
As you look into the different programs available today, be sure to consider if they offer mental health treatment. Many people with drug and alcohol addiction are also facing the turmoil of mental health disorders. It’s critical to have access to co-occurring disorder treatment. If you suspect depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or other forms of mental health disorder, seek out an addiction treatment program offering dual diagnosis treatment.
Locating the right treatment center – not just any location offering a men’s program – is key to your long-term success. The good news is, many programs are available to provide the quality of care necessary.
Make a Call to Learn About Your Options
A men’s specific rehab program opens the door for healing in a space you’ll feel comfortable. Don’t wait to find help. Call a local provider. Learn more about the services they offer. Then, start the process with an assessment. Now is the ideal time to take action to start fixing your future.