The National Institute on Drug Abuse reports that Oregon saw a spike in drug-related deaths in the last few years. The increase was particularly notable with fentanyl. Heroin saw an increase as well, but not as much as the deaths from fentanyl. With the increase in drug overdoses, it’s critical to have a drug rehab in Beaverton, Oregon and know you can call rehabs now.
How Do People Get Addicted to Drugs?
The reasons people get addicted to drugs vary. What may entice one person to become a drug user would not be the same thing that would tempt another person. However, the data shows that people who become addicted to drugs are from all lifestyles, occupations, socioeconomic statuses, and backgrounds. Drug addiction doesn’t only affect a certain “type” of person. In fact, many professional people become addicted to drugs.
Some of the potential ways people have become addicted to drugs include:
- Use of prescription opioids for pain leads to eventual illegal drug use and addiction
- Peer pressure
- Trauma or abuse (person tries to numb the emotional pain through drug use)
- Culture of a person’s life or job (you see this with musician’s, famous people, movie stars, etc)
- Underlying mental health disorder
An addiction treatment center in Beaverton, OR helps evaluate the root cause of drug addiction, thus providing the pathway to healing.
Signs of Addiction to Drugs
As stated above, everyone is different so the signs of drug addiction will vary. Yet, there are some similarities such as:
- Being consumed by getting the drug or doing it
- Always seeking ways to get money
- Running low on money
- Avoiding social outings and act paranoid
- Irritable or moody (up one day, down the next)
- Physical signs of drug use (needle marks, weight loss, skin issues, etc)
Also, the signs of drug addiction not only depend on the person and his or her personality, but also on the drug the person is taking. If you recognize the signs of drug addiction in yourself or someone you love, reach out now to find out about treatment.
Finding Help at a Drug Rehab in Beaverton Oregon
A drug rehab in Beaverton, OR provides treatment that will bring the drug users to a place of healing. During the intake process, a coordinator will assess your situation and develop a customized plan for treatment. This will include withdrawal maintenance and monitoring as well as evidence-based therapy modalities.
For example, some of the therapy programs include:
- Trauma therapy
- Mindfulness meditation therapy
- Individual and group therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dual diagnosis treatment program
Lastly, don’t let drugs get a grip on your future. Find the path to healing at a drug rehab in Beaverton Oregon. You will be successful in your journey if you reach out today.